Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Relief

The hardest mini lesson was the cardboard relief because of the way it is structured. If you make a mistake, you can't fix it since you can't reform the paper.


I develop art making skills: clay was a material that I had briefly worked with in 3d, but never in 2d. Making a flat panel out of clay was something that I had no experience with and found interesting. One major thing I learned was that as clay hardened, it got easier to carve details into. When sculpting, you try to keep the clay as soft as possible to stop it cracking.


I take risks: while working on my second mini project, I tried to add texture to my fire by adding more layers. I knew that once I cut the cardboard, there was no way to put it back, but there was also no other way to see what it would look like.  I tried it, and found that I didn't like how our looked, so I tried adding more layers. Unfortunately, that didn't make it look any better, so I had to redo that project, but I learned what did and did not look good in cardboard which helped my in my final relief project.



No comments:

Post a Comment