Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dwellings

I tossed around a few ideas for my dwelling project before I started it. the first thing I wanted to do was create a wire frame of a house, with only the outline, windows, and a door. I wasn't sure how I would design this project because I wanted to use a single, continuous piece of wire to make the whole thing and I didn't know if I wanted wire to double up anywhere. After thinking about that idea for a while, I decided to change to carving into books. I wanted to carve the windows and door into the front cover of the book, hollow out the middle, and put windows and a door on the back cover as well. I used three old art encyclopedias that had been hot glued together to make one really thick book. I thought about adding furniture inside for a while but decided against it as it would take too long to add small details inside. Just cutting out the pages was taking a long time. I underestimated the amount of time it would take to cut through nearly 1000 pages. hopefully, when i'm done, it will be worth it, though. The front of the house is already looking nice and you can't even see what the inside will look like yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment