Monday, April 13, 2015

Vessel

The point of my vessel project was to contain light, except for a certain gap which would let out light that spelled the word "Free." This was to symbolize that the light was being contained and only some of it could come out. To make this vessel, I used a flat, 1/4 inch sheet of clay and cut and curved the pieces from that to make the vessel. Then I used a clay knife to carve out the basis where light would come through to spell "Free." I had some trouble getting able to sculpt the inner layer while the outer layer was in place, so I had to cut a gap into the back of the piece. That way I could work inside the piece easily. It worked really well and only left small ridges in the piece when I replaced the gap I had made. I think this project went pretty well, even if I don't know if words line up properly yet since I haven't gotten to test out with an actual candle. I hope the words line up properly since I spent a lot of time carving them out!


https://www.pinterest.com/jamesleeder/vessels/

No comments:

Post a Comment